[Samba] samba 3.9.9 winbind problem

Thomas Köhn thk4711 at web.de
Mon Dec 15 12:30:03 GMT 2003

Hello,

Last week I installed a samba 3.0.0 Server. I successfully joined a w2k domain and the mapping of users and groups works perfect. But from time to time (for instance after 6h) winbind is unable to talk to the domain.

/usr/bin/wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

In /var/log/messages I get the error message:

Dec 14 21:00:44 server smbd[14188]:   domain_client_validate: unable
to validate password for user test in domain TMVG to Domain controller
\\TSADM. Error was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

When I restart winbind everything is OK again. Is there anything I can do ??

Thomas