[Samba] Troubles joining a samba 3.0.1rc1 + LDAP domain

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Fri Dec 12 17:29:59 GMT 2003

I am getting a bad username or password error when I try to logon to the
domain from a windows 2000 server.  I can't find anything wrong with my
config and I'm using a root user that is in the directory with the uid
and gid set to 0.

The only thing I see in the logs is something about incorrect password
length, but I checked that my passwords are encrypted and I can access
shares as the root user so I know my password and user is working.

Any ideas on this?  How can I get samba to give me better logging so I
can figure out exactly what is going wrong.

Thanks,

schu