[Samba] Paradox+Samba

Andrew Gaffney agaffney at technaut.darktalker.net
Thu Dec 11 14:10:58 GMT 2003

sebastiand at Argentina.com wrote:
> Hi all... Last monday i migrated form novell 4.0 to Samba 3.0 PDC. The server
> acts as a file server for 30 workstations (Win2000) using an aplicattion
> that combines clipper (with .dbf files) and delphi (uses paradox .px and
> .db). Its perfomance has been very poor since i changed the server. PLEASE
> HELP ME, since its in production and i really don know what to do.

First of all, if you are only doing file sharing, you don't need a PDC setup. Second, I
assume that your current Samba server is a different box than your old Novell server. If
this is the case, is the new server a lot less powerful than the old? Is it on a different
network segment? Are you using a 10base-T NIC where you were using a 100base-T? Also, what
OS is running on your Samba box?

--
Andrew Gaffney