[Samba] pam_mkhomedir.so on Solaris 9

Ganguly, Sapan Sapan.Ganguly at thalesgroup.com
Thu Dec 11 13:30:04 GMT 2003

Hello, I need a little help, so far I have winbind working on Solaris 9.
wbinfo and getent give me what they are supposed to.  Now I want to create
home directories on the fly when a user logs in with their windows username
and password.  I got pam_mkhomedir.so from the link below, its right at the
bottom of the page.

http://lists.spack.org/archives/padl.com/3749.html
<http://lists.spack.org/archives/padl.com/3749.html>

The trouble is that I don't know where in my pam.conf I should put it,
pam.conf in Solaris 9 seems to be different to pam.conf is Solaris 8.

Does anyone have any ideas?

The rest of my pam.conf looks like Patrik Gustavsson's -

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=105765221028976&w=2>
&m=105765221028976&w=2

But I haven't got this to work yet either, when I try to log in as a windows
user it just hangs at the password prompt but I thought that this may be due
to the home directory not being present yet.

Thanks,
Sapan