[Samba] AIX 5.1 upgrade

Yun Shieh Yun.Shieh at omr.state.ny.us
Wed Dec 10 19:17:24 GMT 2003

          To Whom It May Concern:

               We have been happily running Samba 2.0.6 on AIX 4.3.3
          environments the last 3 years.  The AIX 5.1 upgrade was done 2
          days ago and we are running into problems with the user groups
          limit.

               If a AIX user has more than 32 groups attach to it's
          operating system user account, Samba denied all access to any
          file shares.  Even the NET VIEW //OMRX15 query command failed
          from NT 4.0 servers.

               According to IBM, AIX 5.1 has a limit of 64 groups per user
          and AIX 4.3.3 has a limit of 32 groups per user.  The group limit
          is not enforced in AIX 4.3.3 but it is restricted 64 groups per
          user in AIX 5.1 now.  Currently, the Samba 2.0.6 limit is 32
          groups per user on AIX 5.1.  Can you help me to resolve the group
          limit problem?

               	    	      	   	     	       Sharon Shieh

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail is meant for the use of the intended recipient.
It may contain confidential information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. If you have
received this message in error or believe that you are not the intended
recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, disseminating, distributing
or copying the e-mail. You are also directed to forward this e-mail to:
Helpdesk at omr.state.ny.us and delete it from your system.