[Samba] access controls on shares

BuSab busab-ll at altern.org
Wed Dec 10 08:49:27 GMT 2003

hello,

I'm trying to set up a samba serveur with access controls on shares,
like described in chapter 13 section 4 of the samba howto collection,
but I didn't succeed.

I don't know if I need to set "security = DOMAIN", to join the domain
and/or to use winbind.

My server is a simple domain member (the PDC is a NT4 server). I've
tried samba 3.0.0 and 2.2.3a on a debian stable box.

I've tried various configurations, on somes, got an error ("access
denied") on the windows box while setting the ACL on the share, on
others, got an "access denied" trying to access to the share even with
correct ACLs.

Can anybody post a samba smb.conf ready for ACL on shares or explain me
a way to configure it?

--
 busab
(sorry for my bad english)