[Samba] Re: samba 3 mandrake rpms...feedback

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Tue Dec 9 19:29:28 GMT 2003

Tim Jordan wrote:
> Hello again,
> I'm just getting back to testing your rpm builds for samba.
>
> Question: What kerberoes package are you using with your build?

The packages that ship with the specific distro (otherwise I would have
to provide them too ...). On 9.2, it's 1.3.x.

> I'm doing a wbinfo -u and getting all users in domains that my AD domain
> trusts and the local account but none from the domain I'm a Domain
> Member Server of.

Have you tried without the "winbind use default domain"? It might have
an effect ...

> I get the same result with getent passwd | grep /username/

And 'getent passwd' shows the domain users of the trusted domains? If
so, then winbind is working, so it may be a samba bug, you may want to
file a bug in samba bugzilla.

=====================================

==============================
>>[homes]
>>   comment = Home Directories
>>   browseable = no
>>   writable = yes
>>
>>[printers]
>>   comment = All Printers
>>   path = /var/spool/samba3
>>   browseable = no
>># to allow user 'guest account' to print.
>>   guest ok = yes
>>   writable = no
>>   printable = yes
>>   create mode = 0700
>># =====================================
>># print command: see above for details.
>># =====================================
>>   print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.

>>[print$]
>>   path = /var/lib/samba3/printers
>>   browseable = yes
>>   read only = yes
>>   write list = @adm root
>>   guest ok = yes
>>
>>[pdf-generator]
>>   path = /var/tmp
>>   guest ok = No
>>   printable = Yes
>>   comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)
>>   #print command = /usr/share/samba3/scripts/print-pdf file path
win_path recipient IP &
>>   print command = /usr/share/samba3/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u

It looks fine, but I don't have a production network to test on at
present (I have a production box in a win2k network, but it's running
2.2.x and I won't be able to try samba3 on it any time soon).

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202