[Samba] Roaming profiles with Samba3

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Tue Dec 9 18:44:15 GMT 2003

Good morning everyone.

I wanted to ask the people on this list who are currently using roaming
profiles with samba 3 how it is working? I worked a little with roaming
profiles with 2.2.8a, but it was not working as well as I wanted it to and
im hoping that samba 3 roaming profiles are working pretty well.

Our network here is really calling for roaming profiles to be a major
option here. Our CEO wants the ability for users to be able to log into any
terminal on the network with their username and password...roaming profiles
is what im hoping to use here.

Im setting up a test box here, but have not yet had time to test roaming
profiles.
WIth that in mind, anyone care to share how roaming profiles are working?
Any tips or suggestions on ways to improve roaming profiles on my end?

Lastly, is it possible to setup a hours of operations for shares on samba?
For example, maybe you only want shares to be available during buisness
hours and closed on the weekends. Is there a way to do that with samba, or
would you need to use something like the poledit utility?

I appreciate everyones feedback and help.

Jason