[Samba] PDC - profile problem

Andre Luis Fogagnoli andre at bastion.com.br
Mon Dec 8 20:46:04 GMT 2003

Hello all,
I try to samba storage a roam profile, but I have some problems with
this.
First I use samba2.2.8 with smb.conf from Oreilly Open Books Project
with one modification, I use LDAP to storage accounts.

        [global]
                workgroup = PAYNE
                netbios name = VALHALLA
                encrypt passwords = Yes
                log level = 5
                log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log
                time server = Yes
                domain admin group = root
                add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /sbin/nologin -M %u
                logon script = logon.bat
                logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u\%m
                logon drive = H:
                logon home = \\%L\%u\.win_profile\%m
                domain logons = Yes
                os level = 65
                preferred master = Yes
                domain master = Yes
                ldap server = 192.168.0.1
                ldap port = 389
                ldap suffix = dc=payne,dc=com,dc=br
                ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=payne,dc=com,dc=br
                ldap ssl = no

        [netlogon]
                path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
                guest ok = Yes
                browseable = No

        [profiles]
                path = /home/samba-ntprof
                read only = No
                create mask = 0600
                force create mode = 0600
                directory mask = 0700
                force directory mode = 0700
                only user = Yes
                browseable = No

        [homes]
                read only = No
                browseable = No

With this configuration, when I logon in win2k return a error, same this: User doesn't own the folder, detail: Permission Denied.
But in Unix the folder /home/samba-ntprof has a mode 777, and the samba create in this folder another folder with a name of user and own by this user (\\%L\profiles\%u\%m).
I try to put "profile acls = Yes" in share profiles and win2k return another error: permision denied: Network Password incorrect (!?)...
I tire to test this and try install samba3. Using the same smb.conf his return another error: Netword Denied.

What I do wrong? I using a RedHat 9. And with smbclient or net use, the share homes work fine...

thx..