[Samba] Samba NTFS permissions

Tom Ryan tomryan at camlaw.rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 8 20:37:28 GMT 2003

true.. if you use a unix filesystem, but there's reasons to still use
samba :)

samba with ssl would be much more secure (for several reasons) over nfs
(and easier to use than the afs/etc).

We have some machines that I don't trust enough to give NFS access to (and
I don't particulary like having to setup X number of exports).

come on.. samba works for *everything* :)

Tom