[Samba] make failure

elrond at despammed.com elrond at despammed.com
Sun Dec 7 17:39:31 GMT 2003

Hello everybody,

I'm a new user and I decided to learn Samba with the help of the documentation
that come with the program.
My distribution is Linux Slackware 9.0, a simple workstation with nothing special but all the progs possible except the samba packet, and the goal would be installing samba-3.0.0 on it by using the source.
During the ./configure script, run with the --with-smbwrapper --with-smbmount options, I didn't encountered any problems or so it seemed to me: reading the config.log file I notice some lines like these:

configure: failed program was:
#line 4894 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <compat.h>

Instead, the last lines of ./configure are:

Compiling rpcclient/rpcclient.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_lsarpc.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_samr.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_spoolss.c
rpcclient/cmd_spoolss.c: In function `get_driver_3_param':
rpcclient/cmd_spoolss.c:1185: warning: passing arg 1 of `strtok' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_netlogon.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_srvsvc.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_dfs.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_reg.c
rpcclient/cmd_reg.c: In function `cmd_reg_shutdown':
rpcclient/cmd_reg.c:910: warning: passing arg 2 of `getopt' from incompatible pointer type
Compiling rpcclient/display_sec.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_ds.c
Compiling rpcclient/cmd_echo.c
Linking bin/rpcclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bin/rpcclient] Error 1

Thus, 'make' failed: does someone know why?