[Samba] again: password reset on NT

Jochen Keutel mlists at keutel.de
Fri Dec 5 19:26:38 GMT 2003

Hello,
  I'm quite new to the Samba world, so may be my
question was stupid or difficult to understand or whatever.
Another try - the question is:

Can I use any Samba tool to:
- bind to an NT PDC as administrator
- set the password of another user to a new value (without
  knowing the old value)

In LDAP terms (this is the topic I know ...) it would be:

ldapmodify -D "cn=administrator,dc=company,dc=com" -w secret
-h pdc_host -p 389
dn: uid=123,dc=company,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword