[Samba] audit module

Bruno Lopes de Souza Benchimol brunobenchimol at bno.com.br
Thu Dec 4 21:25:31 GMT 2003

Im getting problems with audit module, well i got it working but if see some
problems, it tells me everything i need, like who deleted, who created,
renamed and stuff, awesome.

But i missing WHO did all the stuff, i would like to see the netbios name,
the ip host, the user who connected to my PDC and of course the time/date it
happened.

Ok, syslog gives me the time, but theres another problem, i dont wanna audit
module logging everything to syslog.. it screws me up with my firewall
messages and all the other stuff, it would grow too big and messy on
messages.

Since i got a heavy load that would be close to impossible to analyze
data... i would like it to log to a custom log file, like
/var/log/samba/audit.log or either on each netbios name like it already has
log.netbios , but i would prefer the audit.log solution, so i could easily
write up a bash or perl script that gathers summarized information.

Is there anyway to do it or i need to rewrite some parts of the module?? or
well is it possible?

If i need some more explains, drop me a line please.

Thanks in advance,