[Samba] Where is lmhosts?
clock at twibright.com
Thu Dec 4 14:30:04 GMT 2003
Someone who has working lmhosts please tell me where it is (i.e., the path).
I RTFMd man lmhosts and:
1) man hosts tells: SYNOPSIS: /etc/hosts.
2) man lmhosts doesn't tell anything about the path.
3) man lmhosts: "It is very similar to the /etc/hosts file format" - does
it mean that the similarity is also in the placement of the file?
4) All config files are in /usr/local/samba/lib, so I would expect lmhosts
to be there too
5) RTFM'd man smb.conf too if there isn't some special option that configure
location of this file. man smb.conf contains 8 occurences of lmhosts
but none of them tells anything about the path of the file lmhosts.
man smb.conf doesn't list any option that would set the path of lmhosts,
thus I infer it's improbable such an option exists and the location of
lmhosts is fixed.
1), 3) make more probable path /etc/lmhosts
4) makes more probable path /usr/local/samba/lib
I am puzzled.
Wouldn't it be possible to add the information about the placement of this file
into man lmhosts?
More information about the samba