[Samba] logon path question

Jeff Gardiner gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca
Wed Dec 3 17:29:11 GMT 2003

This link:

http://us3.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#LOGONPATH

States that:

"Windows clients can sometimes maintain a connection to the [homes] share,
even though there is no user logged in. Therefore, it is vital that the logon
path does not include a reference to the homes share (i.e. setting this
parameter to \%N\%U\profile_path will cause problems)."

I am still having trouble with my roaming profiles.  In my smb.conf I have:
logon path = \\%L\%U\profile
logon home = \\%L\%U\profile

and

[netlogon]
path = /etc/samba/netlogon
read only = yes
admin users = root
write list = @sysgrp

[profiles]
path = %H/profile
read only = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

Which means I am putting my roaming profiles in the users home dir.  Could I
be experiencing the issues described in the link above?  Is that bit
basically saying don't store profiles in home dirs?

Cheers
Jeff

--
Jeff Gardiner [ gardiner at imaging.robarts.ca ]
System Administrator - Imaging Research Laboratories

       ~~~~~~~
        -- Henry Spencer
~~~~~~