[Samba] Bug in Solaris packaging?

Chew, Darren darrenc at vicscouts.asn.au
Wed Dec 3 06:26:06 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I have changed my INSTALL_BASE in packaging/Solaris/makepkg.sh from
"/usr/local" to "/opt/local". When the package is installed the resulting
/etc/init.d/samba.server script has the correct BASE (/opt/local/samba)
for "start", but under "restart" the BASE is still defined as
/usr/local/samba. It seems this has been hardcoded in. The BASE variable
appears to be defined twice. The first instance is correct, perhaps the
second instance can be deleted.

I have also found that the codepages and manpages insist on installing
under /usr/local/samba/lib and /usr/share/man respectively. This is the
result of the add_dynamic_entries() function. It appears that these paths
have also been hard coded.

Darren