[Samba] fcntl lock failed at large offset: pretty urgent

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Dec 3 02:50:33 GMT 2003

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 01:29:55PM +1100, Jim Thomas wrote:

> More info of setup:
> The version of Samba I have is a precompiled Debian package, and
> downloaded from the site referred to by www.samba.org
>
> http://samba.mirror.aarnet.edu.au/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Debian/samba3/dists/stable/main/binary-i386
>
> I'm not sure what the build options were for this, but I will try and
> find out.

Running smbd -d10 will cause smbd to write build info into log.smb

> When you say Samba can be configured to use 64 bit filesystems, is this
> a compile time option?  Is there a way of checking if the version I have
> has this enabled?  Perhaps I should build from source.

It's checked for at compile time. You need to be looking for
something like HAVE_STRUCT_FLOCK64 which is what we use for
64 bit locking.

> The setup is:
>   Linux samba 3.0.0 server, serving files from local disk
>   Win95,98,xp-pro clients mounting smb shares as a workgroup
>   Windows software that wants to set a lock at 2^32-16

What filesystem on the local disk ? Do you have a debug level 10
of the problem ? Have you tried any of the 3.0.1pre releases
(although I don't remember changes in this area).

Jeremy.