[Samba] Samba with OSX

Ville Rautiainen ville.rautiainen at helinco.fi
Tue Dec 2 12:59:01 GMT 2003

Hi everybody!

I´m experiensing promblems with both MacOSX 10.2 Jaguar server and 10.3
Panther server. Both problems consider connections with PC:s. With 10.2 all
data is shared fine with mac:s and pc:s except that every user that saves
files to the server becomes also the owner of the file and all other can
only read the file. I´ve tried to change the values of the smb_createmask
and smb_directorymask without help. Only thing that helps is to share the
part all over again. 10.3 seemed to work better until we used XP:s and
bigger files. Alltogether the network was very slow and from XP:s all files
over 200Kb:s jammed the program. It seemed that for instance Autocad tried
to make a tmp-file to the location directory without succession. (until
about 90% and crash). Apple couldn´t help with our problem so we decided to

Thanks!

Ville Rautiainen