No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

<BR>

I know this should work because I saw a slashdot article showing a screen shot of exactly what I would expect to see.&nbsp; I am getting one error message in the samba log that is associated with the NT client I am connecting from that may or may not be related:
<BR>

<BR>
[2002/02/16 04:17:34, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:pdb_getsampwnam(1367)
<BR>
&nbsp; unable to open passdb database.
<BR>

<BR>
I've searched for two days and am beginning to think I am the only one with this problem.&nbsp; I am running Samba 2.2.3a on RedHat 7.2 and just installed the 2.4.17 kernel with the ACL patches from bestbits.&nbsp; Installed the ACL libraries and fileutils.&nbsp; Compiled Samba with ACL support.&nbsp; Successfully added my samba machine to the NT domain and wbinfo and getent show all of my domain groups and IDs properly.&nbsp; I have security = DOMAIN, encryption = yes, and the winbind additions. PAM authentication works great as well.
<BR>

<BR>
I would be happy to include any more information and appreciate any suggestions.
<BR>

<BR>
Thanks!
<BR>