No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

groups to the ACLs, modify permissions etc. For some reason the
"Everyone" group and the "Creator Owner" groups (and maybe more) only
show up with their ICON (i.e. when connected to an NT server the
"Everyone" group would show up with a small world ICON just to the left
of the group name, on the Samba server it shows only the world ICON but
no group name, just blank). I can add any of my domain groups and they
work fine. I can't delete the World (Everyone) group from the NT client,
but I can change the permissions for that group.

I know this should work because I saw a slashdot article showing a
screen shot of exactly what I would expect to see.  I am getting one
error message in the samba log that is associated with the NT client I
am connecting from that may or may not be related:

[2002/02/16 04:17:34, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:pdb_getsampwnam(1367)
  unable to open passdb database.

I've searched for two days and am beginning to think I am the only one
with this problem.  I am running Samba 2.2.3a on RedHat 7.2 and just
installed the 2.4.17 kernel with the ACL patches from bestbits.
Installed the ACL libraries and fileutils.  Compiled Samba with ACL
support.  Successfully added my samba machine to the NT domain and
wbinfo and getent show all of my domain groups and IDs properly.  I have
security = DOMAIN, encryption = yes, and the winbind additions. PAM
authentication works great as well.

I would be happy to include any more information and appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks!
Todd

--=-UhrK6DRRHtm4aFWYTpoC