No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

netbios-ns      137/tcp    #NETBIOS Name Service
netbios-ns      137/udp    #NETBIOS Name Service
netbios-ssn     139/tcp    #NETBIOS Session Service
netbios-ssn     139/udp    #NETBIOS Session Service
#=====
And at boot I run a script to start the smbd/nmbd daemons: (and ps
says that they are running)  I'm not running them from inetd, though I
tried that first with the same problems.

/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D
#=====
I'm usually logged in as root or su when trying this all out, so I
wouldn't think that it would be a permission issue.  In the hosts
allow and interfaces entries I have tried adding the localhost ip
(127.) but with no success there either.  Does anyone else have any
ideas?  I'd love to be able to share all the files with my home
network!

Thanks!

Michael J Horton
Sr Programmer / Owner