No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

When using Network neighbourhood, we do see the samba share. When clicking on
it, it prompts us for 'Connect as' and 'password'. When entering the unix login
and password, it returns an error message ' \\SambaServer\\share is not
accessible; the account is not authorized to login from this station'.

I have atached the smb.conf file. Thankyou again.

Regards

Tajinder

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:40:28 +0100 (BST)
From: Tajinder Panesar <titch>
Subject: Unable to connect to samba server from Nt machine
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Content-MD5: tVAB4IYTYAhUOVIA/gIghQ==

Hi Samba Gurus,
This is the first time I am posting a question to this list so please forgive my
ignorance as my experience on windows is very limited.
I have users  who are unable to connect to the Samba server from a windows NT4.0
machine ( service pack4) when configured as either Domain or workgroup.  However
the users can succesfully connect when they are logged on a Windows95 machine,
configured as a Domain. Their PC logins are held on a windows NT4.0 server
machine, and they all have logins on the Samba box ( running Solaris 2.6).
smbd -V => Version 2.0.6
 Please could anyone help. Thankyou.

Regards

Tajinder
--
Tajinder Panesar
Terminal Software Dept.

mailto:tajinder.panesar at psd.asn.alcatel.co.uk

--Nest_of_Vipers_701_000
Content-MD5: wwPdAsEgYP2nLrbrLa0W2A==

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from pamplemouse (193.131.26.7)
# Date: 2001/03/22 11:56:27

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = PSD
        netbios name = SERVHIM
        server string = Samba Server
        security = SHARE
        user = pcguest
        guest account = pcguest
        hosts allow = 193.131.26.

[AIC_R1R3]
        comment = Shared WorkSpace Dorectory
;        path = /space1/WS/smb/AIC_Archive/AIC_R1R3_Projects
        path = /space1/WS/smb
;	guest ok = yes
;	write list = tsd
	writable = yes
;	valid users = tsd pcguest rtyler dperry

--Nest_of_Vipers_701_000--