Bad password

wsteffen at bwn.net wsteffen at bwn.net
Mon Dec 1 11:08:19 GMT 2003

On a HP_UX 11.0 system which is running NIS for both host and
UID/password resolution, when I do the following:

smbclient //rcnfs/tmp -Uel08532

I get the following error:

Session setup failed for username=el80532 workgroup=RC.DMN
myname=RCNFS destname=RCNFS ERRSRV -ERRbadpw (Bad password
-name/password pair in Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid)

If I move the password entry for that user to the password file,
things work as they should making the session connection. When
the password entry is part of NIS iI can login using the same
userid and password. I have looked through the archives (doing a
search for bad password) and found other questions but no
answers.
Any suggestions??

Thanks
Warren Steffen