[Samba] PDC + LDAP + W2K-SP4 Domain logon

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Tue Aug 26 14:57:12 GMT 2003

> Thanks for your reply, but I am _SURE_ that it's
> nothing to do with my configuration, but with the
> Windows-2000 SP3.

I'm not so sure. Don't blame M$ too soon. Your use of
LDAP or how you use it may be the problem.

> Since this Services Pack, Windows 2000 looks for an
> active directory. Again, I tried from 2 machines now
> with Windows 2000 SP2 and everything works just
> fine. As soon as I apply Service Pack 3, the error:

I'm not sure it does, probably not. Do other posters
complain about PDC+LDAP+W2K-SP3-4? You can't be the
1st one with the problem. I don't use LDAP. SPs never
affected my clients, 2, 3, 4.

> The only way I know how to solve it now is to
> reinstall all my workstations with a clean win2k
> install and stop upgrading till service pack 2, but
> ofcourse I do not really prefer this...

Better analyze the login transactions for both SPs
in a higher level log to be a bit more sure what is
going on.