[Samba] Setting up printer driver on Windows 2000 machines via samba

Alok Bhatt alokb at momentum-tech.com
Fri Aug 22 10:55:36 GMT 2003

Hi All,

    I have read all docs, Faq and whatever I could get my hands on, but have
been unable to get any success on this.  We have a hetrogenous netwok and
are using smb2.2.3a on Red Hat linux 8. We have a "HP LaserJet 2200 Series
PCL 6" printer. When we connect to the printer directly, we can use all
features available with it. But whenever, we are installing the printer on
th client via SAMBA server, we do not get all fetures available and this
message is displayed.

    If someone has already found a solution to this problem, can he/she
please help me solve this problem. Should I go about creating 4 differnet
aliases for the printer, with each one for say windows 9x, XP, 2000 servers
etc. Also I have not been able to upload the printer drivers through the NT
workstation, as given in the samba docs.

TIA,
Alok Bhatt