[Samba] logon script won't start anymore after update 2.2.3a ->2.2.8.a

Sistemas sistemas at elbolson.gov.ar
Wed Aug 20 11:39:21 GMT 2003

Hello Carsten:

I am a newbie to linux and samba, so maybe what I say is stupid, but I use
Suse linux, and when I upgraded to Samba 2.2.8a and rebooted (I configured
Samba to use the startup script smb that comes with the binaries), I cood
not access Samba anymore. At last I realized that the script was only
starting smbd and not nmbd, so I modified the script so it starts nmbd too,
and had no more problems.

Hope its useful to you.
Regards,
LauZ