[Samba] option SHARE doesn't work

Adriana Carla adrianallite at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 19 16:14:08 GMT 2003

Hi!

I´m trying to make a share form Conectiva Linux to Win2000 and I used the option security = share. When I try to see it´s contents at Windows Explorer, directories appears, but when I try to see their contents, a password is required. I didn´t undertand why. I did the same configurations on a Red Hat machine and everything worked fine.
In the past, I used Samba in this machine with user level security. Does anyone think this has some influence in my problem?

Thanks;

Lite