[Samba] Problem with iconv for Samba-3.0.0-rc1 on Solaris

Patrik Gustavsson PS Sweden Senior Technical Consultant Patrik.Gustavsson at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 19 07:52:57 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have dowloaded and installed iconv (1.9.1) from
http://freshmeat.net/projects/libiconv.

I have used default-settings for iconv, meaning:

# configure
# make
# make install

I tried then run configure for Samba-3.0.0-rc1 and configure
couldn't find sufficient support for iconv. I tried using
--with-libiconv, but it didn't
help.

Did I miss something when installing iconv on my Solaris box ?
Do I have to install GNU gettext ?
Do I have to use LD_PRELOAD when I run configure and running Samba ?

/Patrik

--
"In a world without fences who needs Gates"
Patrik Gustavsson, Senior Technical Consultant