[Samba] Samba 3.0 config option "domain controller = xxx"

Joseph Phillips jphillips at amphus.com
Mon Aug 18 22:06:57 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 15:00, John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Joseph Phillips wrote:
>
> > A new option has appeared in the default smb.conf from samba 3.0.0 beta3.
> >
> > Here it is:
> >
> > # Use only if you have an NT server on your network that has been
> > # configured at install time to be a primary domain controller.
> >    domain controller = xxx
>
> Where did you get this from? What distribution? What platform? What is
> your source?

Hello.  I am using Red Hat Linux 9, on an Intel PC.

My source is:
http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

>From that source, I downloaded the following files:

samba-3.0.0-3beta3.i386.rpm
samba-client-3.0.0-3beta3.i386.rpm
samba-common-3.0.0-3beta3.i386.rpm
redhat-config-samba-1.0.8-1.noarch.rpm

And then, as root, I executed the following command:  rpm -Uvh *.rpm

All 4 of those RPM's installed without any errors being reported.  The
above text that I referenced, is copied directly from the new smb.conf
that was generated after the RPM upgrade.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.