[Samba] Re: Beginners query

Failed Access mdonovan at edwtech.com
Fri Aug 15 13:45:05 GMT 2003

Howdy
So are you planning on setting samba up as a domain controller? or just
as a file server? do you already have a domain controller? is it NT? do
you want to migrate from current PDC to Samba PDC? or would you start
from scratch? You do know roaming profiles are the most evil thing in
the universe (Recked my settings after logging into someone elses
machine, logged out it saved my profile, logged back into my machine and
I had to spend a day getting it back in shape)?

Samba acting as a file server is a walk in the park.

The samba.org webbie is the best starting point out there.
But I used my trusty google.com.

Matt