[Samba] Samba beta3 w/LDAP as a PDC

Robert Harrison robstar at anotherdimension.net
Fri Aug 15 08:04:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

I was just wondering whether there was any success with this problem as I
have just experienced exactly the same myself.

I'm running Debian testing/unstable (kernel 2.4.20-9), a clean install
with Samba 3.0.0beta2-1 configured as a primary domain controller/logon
server with an LDAP backend (slapd 2.1.22-1). My WinXP Pro SP1 client
appeared to join the domain successfully, the machine trust account looks
to be created, but attempting to logon as one of the domain users causes
Windows to display a message box containing the message "Procedure number
out of range".

My WinXP machine has had the registry patches applied as I used to have
the Samba PDC working prior to 3.0 beta. I must also stress that I've
recreated the LDAP database from scratch using the new samba schema.
Having looked through the Samba logs and Event viewer, there are no error
messages that suggest what is going wrong.

Any help gratefully received,
Rob Harrison.

p.s. I've also tried turning schannel off and then on, on both server and
client as there were some samba log messages stating:

Invalid auth info 68 or level 5 on schannel
  process_request_pdu: failed to do schannel processing.

appeared to have no effect to the windows message box.

Original message follows: