[Samba] SIMPLE smb.conf file

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Aug 15 05:37:48 GMT 2003

Second use one subject !

In your conf is more errors. First if you use samba and not set guest acces
shares is always authenticate!
If need create public free acces to shares set security to user and on
shares that maybe public add guest ok = yes.
But then owner of all in this share is guest user set in your guest account
to guest (must exist on linux).
All new files on this share will be created as guest and blabla...

In global yuo set this to no !
> update encrypted = yes
> obey pam restrictions = Yes
> pam password change = Yes
> unix password sync = yes

If create any smbuser with smbpasswd remove it if need public guest share.

Bye.