[Samba] Accessing samba share

Chandra Sornam chandra.sornam at datamail.co.nz
Fri Aug 15 01:30:42 GMT 2003

Hi

I have setup a Samba share in the Linux RedHat 8.0 server running samba
2.2.5 and created a user to have access to that share. So that any person
attempting to access the share via a win2k machine will access it by
providing user name and password of the share. I have tried almost
everything ie, PC guest, smbpasswd etc. but still have no success. In the
conf file I am using security = server and password server = "win2k server".
I been told this is suppose to be simple to setup. I have searched the web
but haven't got far.
Much appreciated if anyone can provide me with a sample conf file and/or
other instructions needed to get this working

Thanks

Chandra