[Samba] strange slcakware behaviour

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Fri Aug 15 00:26:16 GMT 2003

G'day,

Slackware puts the binaries in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.  It puts the config files in
/etc/samba and puts the *.tdb and assorted files in /var/lock/samba.

This does it the Slackware way:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/bin --exec-prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/man
--with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private --with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba
--with-logfilebase=/var/log --with-swatdir=/etc/samba/swat
--with-configdir=/etc/samba --enable-cups --with-dce-dfs --with-automount
--with-smbmount --with-syslog --with-libsmbclient --with-acl-support

Reliability?  It's as good as it gets.

I hope this helps.

--
Bob Crandell