[Samba] connection problem

CHANGEMENOW at alphalink.com.au CHANGEMENOW at alphalink.com.au
Wed Aug 13 02:07:34 GMT 2003

Hi!!! Samba  Greate Members

I am new to Samba and I am trying to network windows 2000 and linux machin as Samba server. I instaled samba version 2.2.5 on redhat.8  I can see the work groupe icon on windows machin . when I click on to see the Linux machin, it comes with a message "Work group is not accessible"

I did following

# smbclient -L server1        ( Wher serve1 is linux box host name)
Response is

Can't find include file /etc/samba/smb.conf.
addedd int = 192.168.0.2 broadcast = 192.168.0.255 netmask = 255.255.255.0 session request to server1 failed( Not llistening for calling name). Session request to *SAMBASERVER faild (Not listening for calling name )

pinging beteen the linux box and windows machin is ok with ip's and with host names.

pinging to local host 127.0.0.1 and with host name is ok.

Telenet between windows2000 and linx on port 139 is ok.

Could some greate person help me to sccessfull net working.

Regards

Rao Mylangam