[Samba] samba 3b3 irritation

Failed Access mdonovan at edwtech.com
Tue Aug 12 14:40:08 GMT 2003

hi just a quickie
I've just setup a share in samba 3b3 and discovered it wont allow my
share names to be longer than 8 characters (how annoying!)
I don't have any ms machines below win 2k and as such I don't care how
long my names are infact having a name like eposd1_logs is far more
useful than epslt1 or something equally non descriptive. How do I stop
sam3 from doing this? (there has to be an option "Stop support for super
stupid operating systems=no" prehaps?)
Anyway an answer to this would be nice (I have samba 2.0 machines
running long names and 2.2.8 running equally long names why does sam3 cry?)
Cheers before hand
Matt