[Samba] Slow Windows XP shared browsing.

Matthew Scarrow mscarrow at comit.ca
Mon Aug 11 21:49:51 GMT 2003

I've got this problem on xp machines where when you are trying to browse a
shared drive it takes a realy long time to view it but once you have
connected your off and running. Is there a way I can get this to speed up.
People are complaining that there system is freezing when the try and browse
the shared folder. They just don't give it enough time to get connected.

Anyone got an answer for this. I've tried updating to the latest version of
samba but that didn't fix the problem. Thanks for any help.

Matthew Scarrow
ComIT Solutions Inc.
www.comit.ca
Paris: 519-442-0100