[Samba] Changes to userPassword attribute in LDAP for machine accounts

Bernhard Czech bczech at web.de
Mon Aug 11 13:20:52 GMT 2003

Beast schrieb:

>userPassword is optional on posixAccount objectclass, why you need a
>password for that?

Currently I am writing on a client management software. It gives the
Administrator complete control over their Windows 2000/XP machines from
a web interface. In this software the clients have to authenticate
themselves on the server. We decided to store as much machine specific
settings in LDAP as possible, because our Samba already stores machine
information in LDAP and we do not want to start a new data source.

Bernhard Czech