[Samba] Questions on how to safely upgrade Samba

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Fri Aug 8 17:08:22 GMT 2003

Morning everyone.

We are currently running samba 2.2.8a as a PDC on our network. However,
being that samba 3.0 is not to far from having a stable release, I wanted
to ask some questions on what is the safest way to upgrade samba on my server.

I should mention that I am using samba with ldapsam on the backend to hold
all of our user accounts and passwords.
I am also running RH 7.3. Samba was installed by using a custom .rpm.

Since that is the case, anyone have any suggestions on the best way to
safely and quickly upgrade samba?

I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Jason