[Samba] Upgrade Samba 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 by novice

John johnvan at ansonic.com.au
Tue Apr 29 05:44:46 GMT 2003

Hi,

I would like to install SWAT to administer Samba on my Mandrake 9.0 server.
The Swat file is ver 2.2.8 while my Samba is version 2.2.6. The installation
aborts because of version differences.

I have tried to upgrade Samba to version 2.2.8 but run into other problems
with dependencies. Am I correct in thinking that I have to uninstall Samba
first and then re-install the later version? And if so what files would I
need to save to retain my current information, users etc?

Thanks,

John