[Samba] Re: Does 3.0 work with w2k sp3 and/or win 2003? Anybody had success?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 29 01:10:57 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 08:26, Chere Zhou wrote:
> I can't make it work although both sign&seal and restrictanonymous are set to
> 0.
>
> My setup is: w2k sp2 as PDC, w2k sp3 as client, samba 3.0a21 joined into the
> PDC domain as an ADS member.  The scenario is, from the w2k sp3 client,
> connect to a share hosted by samba, create a file, then use
> property->security->add tab to add an ACE, then the browsing user/group
> windows appears and only the samba box itself appears (and greyed out), no
> domain info is available.  Using a w2k sp2 client works just fine.
>
> Last Friday's HEAD code won't let the sp3 client to connect.  Today's HEAD
> code got this error and winbindd dies.
> [2003/04/28 14:54:07, 0] sam/idmap_tdb.c:db_idmap_init(280)
>   idmap_init: Unable to open idmap database
> [2003/04/28 14:54:07, 0] sam/idmap.c:idmap_init(70)
>   idmap_init: could not load or create local backend!
>
> I will try older HEAD code in the mean time.

You should move to Samba 3.0 as soon as possible.  Samba HEAD is being
rapidly abandoned as we move to 3.0, and is being used as a
staging-point for the idmap changes that idra wants to get in before the
feature freeze.

Samba HEAD will soon contain the Samba 4.0 codebase, which will
certainly not be production-ready for a long while yet (*big* rewrite).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net