[Samba] Access denied, unable to connect to printer

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Mon Apr 28 12:51:03 GMT 2003

I forgot the sym link you must apply.
ln -s `which smbspool` /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb

Hello world,

I've dug through the docs and googled through the net, but I'm still
unable to fix my Samba (2.2.3a-6 for Debian) setup so that I can print
from my wife's Windows XP laptop.

The server is using Cups and I can print from the server and over the
net from my (Debian) laptop.

The XP box can connect to the server and browse files (both her home
directory and other shared directories).

But the XP box won't connect to the printer on the server.

I'm totally stumped. I set debuglevel=5 in smb.conf and watched the
log files, but I can't see anything that looks like an error.

Help?

Here's my smb.conf:

[global]
debuglevel = 5
server string = Zeus
encrypt passwords = true
obey pam restrictions = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
printcap name = lpstat
domain master = True
dns proxy = No
wins support = Yes
invalid users = root
printing = cups

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
read only = No
create mask = 0644
directory mask = 0775

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /tmp
read only = No
create mask = 0777
guest ok = Yes
printable = Yes
browseable = No

[cdrom]
comment = Samba server's CD-ROM
path = /cdrom
guest ok = Yes
locking = No
exec = /bin/mount /cdrom
postexec = /bin/umount /cdrom

[epson]
comment = Epson CX3200
path = /var/spool/samba
read only = No
create mask = 0777
guest ok = Yes
printable = Yes
print command = lpr -P %p -o raw %s -r
lpq command = lpstat -o %p
lprm command = cancel %p-%j
printer name = Epson
use client driver = Yes
oplocks = No

[Music]
path = /share/Music

Be seeing you,
norm

- --
Norman Walsh | He who seeks happiness for himself by
http://nwalsh.com/ | making others unhappy is bound in the