[Samba] general question - help creating a login script to pass a RPC to create symblinks from win2k on linux

dsomer dsomer at attbi.com
Sun Apr 27 19:25:37 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am new to samba and Linux and need some help coming up with a solution to
a nerve racking problem.

Here is what we are trying to do.

Users log into an NT environment (accessing shares via samba running on
Linux/Aix).

The user should only see and have access to the share(s) he/she has been
assigned to. Similar to Novell "map root" or symbolic links.

Our issue is try to figure out a way to pass a remote call from the NT login
script running on the PDC or BDC to the AIX/ Linux file system to make the
necessary symbolic links for the user that just logged in.

.

If someone out there has already accomplished what we are trying to do or
know of how we can go about getting this done any and all information would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Lc