[Samba] Access denied, unable to connect to printer

Norman Walsh ndw at nwalsh.com
Sun Apr 27 19:02:56 GMT 2003

Hello world,

I've dug through the docs and googled through the net, but I'm still
unable to fix my Samba (2.2.3a-6 for Debian) setup so that I can print
from my wife's Windows XP laptop.

The server is using Cups and I can print from the server and over the
net from my (Debian) laptop.

The XP box can connect to the server and browse files (both her home
directory and other shared directories).

But the XP box won't connect to the printer on the server.

I'm totally stumped. I set debuglevel=5 in smb.conf and watched the
log files, but I can't see anything that looks like an error.

Help?

Here's my smb.conf:

[global]
        debuglevel = 5
	server string = Zeus
	encrypt passwords = true
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
	syslog = 0
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 1000
	printcap name = lpstat