[Samba] ./configure

Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com
Thu Apr 24 16:56:34 GMT 2003

GCC is a compiler, You need this to compile samba in a good way, gcc always
comes in your distro CD, try to look for it and install it .... then You'll
see that is very easy compile it.

./configure
make
and make install and that's all.

Manuel Casoluengo Villanueva
Network Administrator Mexico
Coty Inc.
www.coty.com
Office:  +011525-54494260
fax:       +011525-54494249
mailto:manuel_casoluengo at cotyinc.com

This message is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
distribution or copying of the information contained in this message is
strictly unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message from
your system.  Opinions, conclusions, or other statements in this message
which do not relate to the business of Coty Inc., its subsidiaries or
affiliates, are neither given nor endorsed by Coty Inc.

                    "Cuervo, Joseph"
                    <joseph.cuervo at allegiancetelecom.com>                    Para:   samba at lists.samba.org
                    Enviado por:                                             cc:
                    samba-bounces+manuel_casoluengo=cotyinc.com at lists        Asunto:      [Samba] ./configure
                    .samba.org

                    24/04/2003 06:14 a.m.

Good Morning
I am new to SAMBA and I am just getting started. I tried to do the
./configure and came up with this error. Can anyone tell me what CC is and
where do I get it from...I am on  IBM RS-6000 using UNIX/aix.
        # cd /tmp/samba-2.2.8a/source
# ./configure
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

# echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java130/jre/bin:/us

r/ja
va130/bin

Joseph Cuervo
2 University Pl