[Samba] Slow connection

Koenraad Lelong k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Thu Apr 24 10:17:41 GMT 2003

For the record (my own searches never turned up an answer) :
When I asked a solution for a slow samba connection, I had already seen
posts that the problem would rather be the network-topology. This time
the same remarks came back.
Well, I can confirm this.
I had a Samba-server with an on-board SiS900 NIC connected to a DLINK
DES-1024R+ switch. After a number of tests, I was convinced that Samba
was to blame for the slow performance. But after I switched to a DLink
DFE-530Tx NIC, performance was OK (file of 190Mb to/from Samba in about
25 sec.).
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong