[Samba] Cross Subnet Browsing.

Scott Swaim scott at qualitycorps.com
Wed Apr 23 20:37:41 GMT 2003

I am looking for a liitle more information on Cross Subnet Browsing.

He is what I have so far.

Domain A    -    (IP 192.168.1.x) Samba 2.2.8a is LMB, and DMB, and wins server
Domain B    -    (IP 192.168.2.x) Samba 2.2.8a is LMB with remote anounce, remote sync, and WINS pointing to Domain A
Domain C    -    (IP 192.168.3.x) Samba 2.2.8a is set up same as above.

>From network neighborhood in domain B or C I can see the WORKGROUP for all three Domains.  I can browse to the Samba server in all three domains and see the shares on the samba server.  I can also see the other computers in each domain.  But I am not able to browse to them and see the shares.

PS Each Samba server has a public IP address and a private IP (192.168.x.x)  the private ip address are connected via a VPN.  I can ping to any private ip address on any domain from any computer inside the three domains.

I am looking to be able to connect to the shares on a computer inside Domain A from a computer that is inside Domain B or C.

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott Swaim
scott at qualitycorps.com