[Samba] user profile migration PDCs

t_karlsen at gmx.de t_karlsen at gmx.de
Sun Apr 20 21:54:10 GMT 2003

Hello,

got samba installation working all fine with shares etc.

Now we have to migrate users from another domain.

My question: How to migrate users from another PDC (also samba) to my new
samba-PDC ?
I did all common steps like having all the accounts on my Linux, smbpasswd &
everything,
Users can login to the domain from a given client, but they cannot operate
in a normal manner (like everything on the Win2k boxes is blocked).

Second question: Some users are administered local on Win2k Boxes.
I copied their profiles to the PDC (Using control panel function).
But also, users - after logon - cannot work properly on client stations.

What is the trick to do to make these profiles work ??

Help and suggestions more than welcome!

Regards and thanks in advance

Tim Karlsen