[Samba] Re: HELP

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Sun Apr 20 19:07:32 GMT 2003

>Hello, i have a prog in a samba server who need a
>directory hidden attribute to work, but the map
>hidden = yes is only for files, what can i do
>?!?!?!??!?!?

Looks like Posix doesn't allow making a directory
read only for its owner. If you are not afraid of
eternal deprecation you may change one bit in the following line of "source/smbd/dosmode.c":

   result |= (S_IFDIR | S_IWUSR );

and recompile. The bit you want to remove is
"S_IWUSR". The above line is preceded by an ominous
comment "We never make directories read only for the
owner..." so think twice if you really want to do it
just so some crappy windoze program can run.

Cheers
Dragan