[Samba] Re: Implementation of W2K Group Policies from a Linux Server

Brent Torrenga brent.torrenga at torrenga.com
Fri Apr 18 19:44:21 GMT 2003

For instance I have a P200 with 98 MB ram serving 16 W2k machines as a PDC
and fileserver. Yes, I have a custom kernel, but I would venture to say it
would perform fine with an out of the box kernel as well. Probably not with
all the out of the box apps and services running though... BTW, instead of
RAID I use mirrordir and one of the W2k machines to recieve the backups. You
could also use rsync, also written by the SAMBA team I believe.

"Matthew Hattersley" <MatthewHattersley at businessserve.co.uk> wrote in
message
news:939B0F23883CD411B6140050DADDBFA203878560 at royale.businessserve.co.uk...